Who We Are
The Pregnancy Centers of Middle Tennessee are a Christian-based ministry that advocates the sanctity of human life. We believe in giving factual, practical and complete information on prenatal development, adoption, abortion, and parenting to our clients. Our desire is to help individuals make the most informed decision regarding their pregnancy.
What We Do
Our goal at the Pregnancy Centers of Middle Tennessee is to provide support and practical assistance for women during and after pregnancy. All services are free of charge and include the following:
- Free pregnancy testing
- Life affirming limited ultrasounds
- Accurate and complete information on pregnancy, parenting, adoption, abstinence, and abortion;
- Abstinence education for school classrooms and youth groups
- Medical and social service referrals
- Post-abortion peer counseling
- Speakers for churches and civic organizations
- Material assistance for mother and baby
- Parenting classes
- Prenatal and childbirth education
The mission of the Pregnancy Centers of Middle Tennessee is to affirm the value of life by providing a network of care to those experiencing pregnancy related crisis.
In April of 1994, the Crisis Pregnancy Center of Columbia held it’s Grand Opening and first annual Walk for Life. This was a culmination of over a year of prayer and work by a group of believers led by Cynthia Leach as organizer. These Columbia citizens felt that as representatives of Jesus Christ they must offer love, truth and support to those most vulnerable to the tragedy of abortion – the mothers and their unborn babies.
Linda Casner was the first Director and Suzanne Young was Assistant Director. At that time they were located in the breezeway of Northway Plaza. They offered free pregnancy testing, factual information and material support to those in unplanned pregnancies, abstinence education, and emotional support to those who had experienced abortion.
Several years later under the directorship of Suzanne Young, and eventually Kim Scruggs, the name was changed to A Woman’s Place and the location moved to South Garden Street. From 2005-2011, Lesa Young served as Executive Director. Following Ms. Young’s resignation in June of 2011, Victoria Koloff was named the new CEO/Executive Director and serves in that capacity to present day. The name of the center was changed to Pregnancy Centers of Middle Tennessee to reflect the expansion of the Spring Hill Center and future expansion.
In 2006, the center affiliated with CareNet, a national network of pregnancy centers which provides training, consultation, accountability, and high standards of professionalism.
In 2008, in an effort to better serve the community by emphasizing ministry to men and families as well, the name changed once again to Pregnancy Center of Columbia. Also that year, the center purchased and moved to their current location at 704 Dunnington Street.
In an effort to expand our area of service we opened a branch in Spring Hill, TN in November of 2012.
Though changes in name, location, and leadership have been a part of our history, in the last twenty years of service, the mission and vision has remained the same and hundreds of families have been touched with the love of Christ.
Our staff is passionate about sharing the love of Christ, seeing lives changed and saving babies from abortion.
- Victoria Robinson (Executive Director), email@example.com
- Stephanie Stanfill (Assistant Director), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanne Coogan (Nurse Manager), email@example.com
- Heather Claspell (Business Manager), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Shirley (Administrative, Spring Hill), email@example.com
- Crystal Fernandez (Hispanic Client Advocate), firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Board of Directors
- Paul Aldrich (Chair), email@example.com
- Ike Wingate (Vice Chair), Ike@wingatemediagroup.com
- Arica Robinson (Secretary), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerry Bridenbaugh (Treasurer), email@example.com
- Beth Eastep, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Dutton, email@example.com
- Kevin Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Graham, email@example.com
- Sue Jeffers, firstname.lastname@example.org